Monday 26 September 2011

"Where we goiiin?", "Whhhyyy", "Where next?"

My last two car journeys with George have gone as follows,

"Mummyyyy"
"Yes George"
"Where we going?"
"To drop Wilf and Alfie's presents off and then for a walk around the lake to look for dinosaur fossils and pick blackberries"
"Whyy"
"Because it is Wilf and Alfie's birthday"
"Are we not picking blackberries and finding dinosaurs"
"Yes, after we have dropped off the presents"
"Mummyyy, where we going"
"To drop Wilf and Alfie's presents off and then for a walk around the lake to look for dinosaur fossils and pick blackberries"
"Where are we now?"
"In the car going to Wilf and Alfie's house"
"Where next"
"Then on to the lake"
"Whyyy", "Where we going" etc etc etc etc etc.

On the millionth ask, I ask him back "Where do you think we are, where are we going now and where are we going next?"  He gives me the perfect answer.  Of course he isn't asking why, where, what for his own curiosity. His only curiosity is how long it will take to wind me up.  A pretty long time sadly for him.

This morning we went for our swimming class that we have been doing since he was 9 weeks old.  George wanted to wear my goggles, from about 8.30am this morning - the lesson started at 9.30am.  As he peered at me from his seat in the back asking, on one of our most familiar journeys, again, those questions: "Mummyyy, where are we going?, Why? Where are we now? Where next?"  I looked back at him, at those beady innocent little eyes and smiling wondrous face, peering through my far-too-big goggles and wished that like so many, I could bottle that moment.

My gorgeous, innocent, curious, testing little boy with the biggest sense of humour and a sparkle in his eye that melts my heart each and every time I look at him.  These are the moments that I hope I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment