Monday 5 September 2011

Happy Birthday hubby!

In the past hubby has been treated to cameras, ipods, bikes, weekends to New York etc etc for his birthday.  But now I don't earn a crust, how do I try to make his birthday extra special. Home made cards - tick, his old school best buddy here for the weekend - tick, some culinary delights...

Friday night: Chicken stuffed with spinach 
Recipe This was the leftover one as I forgot to take pics


At Waddeson manor - brilliant - we blew poor George's head off with some hot chilli peanuts! I did feel I was turning into my mum-in-law, muttering at every other stall "well I can't buy that for £xx - I could easily make it myself!" My brand new preserving pan may just be dusted off this week.




The best bottle of red I've had for a while - courtesy of hubby's buddy



Jamie Oliver Roast Pork loin: Recipe

 
Sarah Raven's Garden Cookbook Rhubarb tart: Recipe. I have to fess up that the tart pastry case was one that I happened to find in my shopping trolley at Morrison's.



Local Mountain biking race at Aston Hill - we got soaked but hubby loved it (and I secretly quite enjoyed it). George said "Daddy will you come and watch me when I ride my bike down here". Hubby cries tears of joy.  I just cry.


Sarah Raven's (Garden Cookbook) Cauliflower Soup - the perfect warmer upper from a late summer soaking

Salmon and anchovy pasta bake: Recipe I used wholewheat pasta and it was just as yum.
   
<><><><><><>
<>
<><><><><>
Hubby's Rhubarb crumb cake in the making: Recipe. Hubby requested a rhubard cake I had made before. This one is much more interesting and devilishly good.



A birthday isn't a birthday without candles, banners and balloons. George now beside himself with excitement that his own birthday isn't too far off. Not helped by the fact he found one of his presents today. Chances of 'Gator Golf' lasting till October 3rd?



Jamie Oliver's Sausage and mash with red onion gravy: Recipe. In the words of Jamie - PROPER comfort food. nb. No meal gets away unscathed from beans right now.




 


1 comment:

  1. Your best post. Loving your new writing style...and happy birthday RY! xx

    ReplyDelete