Friday 9 September 2011

A Week of Firsts

George's first day at pre-school.  He loves it. More than I thought possible. Maybe it is the bike ride along the ducks, the shorter hours, the mingling with the bigger boys and girls ... most probably the toys - from computers to a designated 'dinosaur corner' (most likely).  Maybe, like me, nothing has before ever felt quite right in the way that this does.  I love the fact that he is 5 minutes from home, I love the structure the 'school run' gives to my day and I adore the fact that he is so happy and growing in confidence every day.

On asking him yesterday if he had spoken to any new friends yet, he said, "Mummy I'm not shy anymore but I haven't said the first words yet." 



First morning - very excited to wear his backpack




George insisted on riding his bike with both his backpack and his 'picnic basket' which he loved helping me pack up. Still had to run to keep up with him.

Life feels good. I have found myself being less troubled and worrysome. I don't feel like I need all the emotional crutches.  I've decided to give it all a rest, the herbs and the accupuncture cash is going on a week away in the sun in November.  What will be will be. Now that really is a first.

1 comment: