Friday 1 July 2011

Happy Holidays

I haven't got round to blogging as I've been waiting for myself to sort out my holiday pics - still waiting! Figure might be best to post without my photoshopped pics...

1st rule of camping - children sleep when it's dark and wake when it's light = summer solstice not the best night to camp! Not so much on the sleep front but good fun was had even in the mud and rain. Or in George's case, especially in the mud and rain.  Lots of puddle jumping in preparation for our visit to Peppa Pig World.

Beaches - hot, cold, pebbly or sandy are just heaven to me - and my boy.  There is something so awesome and inspiring about the sound, the smell and the look of the waves rolling in from the sea.  Nature at its most beautiful and best. George loved ducking the waves in his puddle suit and running around starkers. 








 A high and low light was a mackerel fishing trip where we encountered 8 ft waves - thankfully hubby (no sea legs) Greer stayed safe on land while George and I braved the seas with mum and dad. Admittedly I had my doubts but once the fresh mackerel were on our make shift bbq for tea it was pretty damn good! No pics taken on the expedition for fear of 1. George stumbling overboard with no life jacket and 2. the contents of my stomach going overboard. My sea legs bragging rights have taken a serious knock.






 A couple of nights camping was followed by 4 nights in a stunning cottage surrounded by rolling green hills, ducks, loveliness  and lie ins thanks to Nanny :-)






George also loved the last trip to Peppa Pig land. For a boy who is anti-slides at the playground he was mad for the water slide, log flume and rollercoasters - but insane for Peppa herself.  I hope I never forget the look on his face when he first met Peppa! And I had to admit loving taking him on his first log flume ride and Ry and i sneaking off for an 'adult' roller coaster. I always loved theme parks as a kid and have many brilliant memories. George will certainly be experiencing a lot more of that as he grows up.



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic photos. xx Can't wait for the theme parks when they are older. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete