Thursday 25 August 2011

Mine's a cuppa

My consumption of herbal teas is always a source of amusement to some of my friends.  I stopped drinking coffee when gettng pregnant with George and haven't really drunk it since. I do love it but it doesn't love me, I also have an addictive personality so best stay clear.

For the last umpteen months I've been having acupuncture, drinking chinese herbs, doing yoga, just about to start pilates and have reflexology and hypnotherapy.  Maybe it is all too much, when it is written down like that it seems like so much, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something positive. I am sure I would worry more if I did nothing.  Everyone says just to put it all out of my mind. Oh, if only.

So every night, bar one of the week, I brew up my sticks and berries and , strain them off and drink them down.  I actually like them. It feels like I'm doing something positive, even if it isn't working right now. Maybe some day it will. Hopefully before my bank account runs dry. I might be a sucker but I guess that is my addictive personality again.  This latest batch tastes quite liquoricey and almost, dare I say, chocolately.


No comments:

Post a Comment