Saturday 6 August 2011

Happy Anniversary!

6 years ago today I was getting ready for what I knew would be the best day of my life to that point.

Just having watched my wedding dvd with hubby, I can remember those feelings of pure unobliterated love, joy and gratitude for my husband, family, friends and totally perfect day.  I remember getting ready with my gorgeous sisters and feeling amazingly calm (following a 2 1/2 year engagement and lots and lots of planning!).

There is a part on the DVD at the end of our first dance where I have tears in my eyes and am just saying "thank you" over and over and over. I honestly never dreamt that I could be such a lucky girl at that moment. I never wanted that moment to end. I can still close my eyes now and feel myself there, in that moment, and cry my eyes out with that joy, nostalgia and wonder. It really was a spectacular, fun, romantic and perfect day where I married my perfect man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment