Sunday 14 August 2011

Back from the Brink

So it was a tough week. Tougher than I thought it would be. But I survived.  How I would have loved to have downed a couple of bottles of good red wine.  Somehow I didn't, and my main coping tactic seemed to be baking.  Over the last few days I made a mountain of cookies, spinach & nutmeg soup, courgette and pea soup, casseroles,  rhubarb tart, tray baked salmon with summer allotment veg, beefburgers, chicken tikka and bbq shebang.  Sadly, I didn't quite make it to taking piccies :-(

We had our neighbour round on Saturday night for dinner as his wife is in hospital for a cancer operation.  He thought we were doing him a big favour giving him some food and company but in reality he gave us something to focus on and wonderful company.   It is amazing how unnasuming and fascinating people right under your nose can be. And it is an all too common mistake in life to forsee people too completely before getting to know them past the initial "hellos".

We had a lovely bbq with the cousins today, usual bonkers behaviour, which George of course loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment