Sunday 5 June 2011

I hate goodbyes

I'm generally OKish after the "goodbye" part. But actually saying goodbye. I hate that. This week I said bye to my to my job of the last 7 years as Marketing Manager at HSBC Private Bank.  A great job, a good boss, lovely collegues and so many fab memories.  Highlights of that job include 3 crazy days in Valencia involving far too much alcohol and swaying seas but beautiful yachts, 4 'jolly' days in Barbados, all the pre George, post work drinks and fun, Chelsea Flower Shows, meeting interesting, inspiring and not so interesting people with far too much cash, and runs along the river to our home in Earlsfield.  The consistently scheduled Thursday night drinks evening - and Friday morning hangovers.  The job wasn't half bad too.  I will miss that buzz in your tummy after a successful day at work.  But I miss my boy more. And I have to be home now with all my new adventures and the hope of a second baby for our family.  My destiny I pray.

I also said goodbye to my neighbour, friend and comfort Lucy.  Just knowing on a bad day that someone who cares is only 50 feet away from you, even if you want to be alone, can be so warming.  And watching our boys of the same age play together is just so lovely.  But we look forward to Skype, trips to Copenhagen and having the Moores back in 3 years time.

The "bye bye" chocolate cake I made (complete with tears)


George has discovered a love all all things chocolate lately

3 boys who I am sure will grow up to be great mates

No comments:

Post a Comment