Tuesday 20 March 2012

Mother's Day

My mother's day treat was a day at a spa with some of my oldest friends and a bit of a girlie weekend with no George or Daddy who went for a sleepover at his 'big' cousins. It wasn't really planned that way but was lovely to have some girlie time, although I did miss my boys. There's something about being with friends that you've known forever, well 30 ish years, it's just so, well, easy.

Growing up I always thought of mother's day as a day for children to be grateful for their mothers. Now I think more in terms of how grateful and blessed mothers should all feel to fill the role at all.  Like other 'special' days Mother's Day is an added pain for all those with unfulfilled desires of motherhood.  For some, there is no greater pain.

I had some gorgeous tulips and my fave pressie to date is my new 'straw' necklace.  I loved George's long explanation of how he made me my necklace, how the straws went 'pop' and jumped around as he cut them and how it says mummy on it.

To my gorgeous cuddle monster and my wriggly flower inside, you are my world and I love you more than you will ever know.


No comments:

Post a Comment