Wednesday 7 December 2011

Christmas Shopping & Trees

With my severe aversion aversion to shopping, at any time of the year (I travelled in disbelief past miles of shoppers for Bluewater and Lakeside the other week - how can people do that to themselves?!!) I've been starting to panic at my total lack of christmas organisation. I even ventured into a shopping centre with George yesterday, the atmosphere was nice for 5 minutes until George ran off in John Lewis and I spent a panicked minute running round with a boxed new duvet, duvet covers, spur-of-the-moment-pressies and a giant sized special agent Oso (strapped into the pushchair unlike his owner).  Thankfully today, we have broadband back and calm has been restored. Phew.

Apart from the shopping I adore this time of the year. Without doubt my favourite. The feel in the air, the smell of the food, the excitement and anticipation of something magical. And of course the tree - we have a beauty. Shopping for trees in the woods - that's more like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment