Thursday 6 October 2011

Birthday Boy

The last couple of weeks have been packed full of parties, presents and cakes.  My baby boy turned 3 on Monday.  Sorry darling, no matter how you fight it you will always be my absolutley gorgeous and most special baby boy.  One animal themed party - complete with tractor rides - and one Mickey Mouse party made for a very happy, if slightly spoilt, birthday boy and a completely knackered mummy.  The chaos does mean the the pictures are limited to my talented dad's rather than my own.



I made the cake (chocolate of course) with the slightly illuminous grass and out of proportion barn etc! My friend and mummy  of 2 other birthday boys made the gorgeous animals from marzipan and sugar paste.

Tractor rides were a big hit


I love this picture which shows the stress involved in trying to ensure that each of the 38 children had a turn at unwrapping pass the parcel!


I hired a tin from the local cake shop to get Mickey's face shape.  Then just used a piping bag to make his face. I'm thinking it was easier than it looks.

George is Mickey Mouse mad right now. I have resorted to telling him most days that we have a power cut to restrict the television viewing.

George with two such special friends.

Passing the taste test.

Fave pressies

No comments:

Post a Comment